CHF's KATA program, with funding from USAID and partnering with the Government of Haiti and ISPAN, has helped to enclose the historic Sans Souci Palais, allowing for better access control of the site and improved tourism in the area. The Palais was built in 1806 under the rule of King Henri Christophe of Haiti and was deemed a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982. In the past, though a number of visitors would come to the neighboring area of Labadie each week, only a few would venture out to the Palais. By enclosing the site with 1.5 kilometers of cyclone fence and 500 linear meters of protective foliage, CHF has allowed visitors to tour the Palais safely and access it from managed entrances.
CHF held an inaguration to commemorate the newly fenced-in Palais. In attendance at the opening were Daniel Elie, Director of ISPAN and Kenneth Merten, US Ambassador to Haiti.
In addition to installing fencing and foliage around the Palais, CHF's KATA program has conducted numerous soil conservation and road rehabilitation projects in the surrounding area, as well as training 32 tour guides.